Building Maintenance Technicians
13th Jul 2021
Role: Building Maintenance Technician
Location: Nationwide (Field Based)
Blocsphere provide Block Property Management services to residential and commercial clients throughout the UK. Our goal is to become the number one property management company in the UK, recognised for our customer-centric approach and unmatched service offering.
To achieve this goal, we are undergoing a period of unprecedented growth, and as part of our expansion we now have vacancies for self-employed Building Maintenance Technicians throughout the UK.
Benefits of joining our Building Maintenance Technician network:
- Multi-skilled orientated – Our Building Maintenance Technicians have access to jobs covering several disciplines (subject to relevant qualifications & experience) including M&E, HVAC, CCTV, Access Control, Fire Safety, Pest Control, Cleaning, Grounds Maintenance, Handyman etc. We manage whole apartment blocks, housing estates and commercial property, so our maintenance requirements are much more complex than with other traditional property businesses.
- Be your own boss – Field based with flexible working hours, you can achieve that perfect work / life balance you have always dreamed of. You will be operating as part of a well-respected brand name within the property management industry. You provide the van and tools – We provide the branding (van wrap) and job pipeline.
- Full onboarding and ongoing support – Our Head Office teams are there to help you every step of the way, from reactive job scheduling to attracting new clients via telesales, providing reliable and robust back-office support to help you grow your business. As you become qualified in additional trades, you immediately gain access to these jobs across your territory.
- Exclusive assigned territory – Your own patch to win new business and build long-term relationships with both pre-planned maintenance and reactive maintenance clients, including apartment blocks, housing estates, schools, offices, shops and other general businesses. We have territories available throughout the UK.
- Uncapped earnings – The value of our managed property portfolio exceeds £100m, and the annual cost of maintenance alone will exceed £7m in 2021. The expected OTE for our experienced multi-skilled Building Maintenance Technicians (operating 3+ trades) is £35,000+.
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance jobs to property in your territory (job types dependent upon your experience and relevant qualifications).
- Liaising with other Head Office departments as appropriate such as surveying, property management, accounts etc.
- Sourcing and winning new additional business from several possible client types, including apartment blocks, housing estates, schools, offices, shops and other general businesses.
What we look for in a Building Maintenance Technician:
- Motivated property professionals with a desire to succeed and grow their own business.
- Multi-skilled background (minimum of 2 trades). Appropriate insurances will be required.
- Approachable and compassionate – Our customer-centric ethos means only the best customer service will do.
- Willingness to learn and continually develop your skills and qualifications.
- Great communication skills.
- Full UK driving license and van (minimum standards apply to age of vehicle etc).
Additional criteria and requirements apply in relation to setting up your own business. We will assist all successful Building Maintenance Technicians to achieve these where required.
If you are an experienced multi-skilled tradesperson with a desire to succeed, we want to hear from you!
Please remember to attach your CV and covering letter with all applications.