11th Dec 2020
Role: Client Accountant
Location: Ludlow, SY8
Blocsphere provide Block Property Management services to residential and commercial clients throughout the UK. Our goal is to become the number one property management company in the UK, recognised for our customer-centric approach and unmatched service offering.
To achieve this goal, we are undergoing a period of unprecedented growth, including a major rebrand and complete overhaul of our customer interaction systems.
As part of our expansion, we now have an exciting vacancy for a Client Accountant to join a dynamic team at our Head Office in Shropshire.
Responsibilities of the role are:
– Prepare year end service charge accounts for external accountant review or audit.
– Liaise with external accountant to ensure compliance with TECH03/11 standards.
– Filing of dormant statutory accounts on behalf of our resident management company clients.
– Support the accounts team with issuing service charge and ground rent demands, recording receipts and other general ledger items, as well as general leaseholder enquiries.
– Oversee the reconciliation of all client bank accounts.
– Support the accounts team with periodic BACS supplier payment runs.
– Liaising with third-party suppliers in relation to credit control and statutory obligations on behalf of our clients.
– Preparation of summary request information under Section 21 of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 on behalf of our clients.
– Assist the accounts team and property managers in relation to annual service charge budget preparation and apportionment.
– Other internal VAT, Corporation Tax or PAYE tasks.
– Any other associated duties as may be required
The ideal candidate will have:
– ACCA / ICAEW / CIMA or equivalent (Part or full AAT will be considered with relevant experience)
– 2+ years’ service charge accounting experience
– Corporation Tax, VAT & PAYE experience
– Excellent organisational skills
– Professional telephone manner
– Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Sage50 software
Closing date: TBC
Start date: January 2021
Please remember to attach your CV and covering letter with all applications.