Junior Building Surveyor
14th Jan 2022
Role: Junior Building Surveyor
Salary: £20,000 + bonus
Location: Ludlow, SY8
Blocsphere provide property services to residential and commercial clients throughout the UK. Our goal is to become the number one property company in the UK, recognised for our customer-centric approach and unmatched service offering.
To achieve this goal, we are undergoing a period of unprecedented growth, including a major rebrand and complete overhaul of our customer interaction systems.
As part of our expansion, we now have an exciting vacancy for a Junior Building Surveyor to join a dynamic team at our Head Office in Shropshire.
Responsibilities of the role are:
– Conduct building surveys across our residential and commercial portfolio comprising apartment blocks and housing estates, to identify structural and refurbishment requirements.
– Preparation of detailed schedules of work relating to general residential and commercial refurbishment works.
– Working alongside Property Managers to circulate notices to Residents, advising of planned works.
– Assist with the preparation of long-term (5 – 10 year) maintenance plans for our managed portfolio.
– General project management duties.
– Contract appointment and administration (JCT Minor Works).
– Advising other departments regarding general building control and planning permission requirements for other reactive works.
– Any other building surveying tasks for existing and new clients.
– Any other task/duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
– RICS membership (minimum AssocRICS is preferred).
– Good construction knowledge.
– Organisational skills.
– Professional telephone manner.
– Willingness to travel as our portfolio is based across England & Wales.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
– Full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle.
Closing date: TBC
Start date: TBC
Please remember to attach your CV and covering letter with all applications.