Service Charge Accountant
14th Jan 2022
Role: Service Charge Accountant
Location: Ludlow, SY8
Blocsphere provide property services to residential and commercial clients throughout the UK. Our goal is to become the number one property management company in the UK, recognised for our customer-centric approach and unmatched service offering.
To achieve this goal, we are undergoing a period of unprecedented growth, including a major rebrand and complete overhaul of our customer interaction systems.
As part of our expansion, we now have an exciting vacancy for a Service Charge Accountant to join a dynamic team at our Head Office in Shropshire.
Responsibilities of the role are:
– Prepare, review and finalise year end service charge accounts in line with TECH03/11, with assistance from Client Accounting team.
– Circulate finalised year end service charge accounts to all leaseholders.
– Liaise with client to agree how deficit/surplus (if applicable) is to be dealt with.
– Support the accounts team with issuing service charge and ground rent demands, recording receipts and other general ledger items, as well as general leaseholder enquiries.
– Filing of dormant statutory accounts on behalf of our resident management company clients.
– Oversee the reconciliation of all client bank accounts.
– Liaising with third-party suppliers in relation to credit control and statutory obligations on behalf of our clients.
– Preparation of summary request information under Section 21 of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 on behalf of our clients.
– Any other associated duties as may be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
– ACCA / ICAEW / CIMA or equivalent (Part or full AAT will be considered with relevant experience).
– 2+ years’ service charge accounting experience.
– Excellent organisational skills.
– Professional telephone manner.
– Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Sage50 software.
Closing date: TBC
Start date: TBC
Please remember to attach your CV and covering letter with all applications.