Are you taking the right security steps for your building?
13th Jun 2018
There has never been more ways to secure home or property portfolios, from traditional to tailor made security systems. Ideally there should be no such thing as burglary but unfortunately, there is. So, here are a few protection measures that would be most suited to your property type:
FLATS AND APARTMENTS
- Have unique requirements when it comes to keeping secure
- Installing an alarm to the flat alone can be highly advantageous.
- Also, a burglar alarm increases safety.
- Window locks, especially if you live on the ground floor or basement; you have a 48% higher chance of being burgled.
- With no adjacent houses attached, there is risk at all angles for detached houses.
- Burglar alarms are crucial.
- CCTV is an option, and there are less chances of breaching privacy as neighbours are further away.
- Barking dogs are also an option, but are strictly for protection purposes only.
- Smart security – where you can watch your security camera from your mobile device.
- Prime targets for burglars.
- Carry out a thorough risk assessment, it helps to identify weak points your property has. This allows for tailor made systems to be put in place.
- CCTV cameras are subject to more rules and regulations; i.e. the video has to be encrypted and can’t be kept forever.
- Access control systems, i.e. ID badges, key fobs for actual employees and invited guests.
A FINAL THOUGHT
Burglars admitted that they are unlikely to attempt break-ins that could be difficult, so even if your property has just the simplest of security systems you have less chance of being burgled because your property looks harder to access. Personally, I’d rather pay for good security systems to be fitted than to go through the trauma of burglary, what about you?