19th Jul 2023
Role: Accountant (Service Charge)
Location: Ludlow, SY8
Blocsphere provides property services to residential and commercial clients throughout the UK. Our goal is to become the number one property management company in the UK, recognized for our customer-centric approach and unmatched service offering.
As part of our expansion, we now have an ongoing vacancy for an Accountant to join a dynamic team at our Head Office in Shropshire.
Responsibilities of an Accountant:
– Prepare, review and finalise year end service charge accounts in line with TECH03/11, with assistance from Client Accounting team.
– Circulate finalised year end service charge accounts to all leaseholders.
– Liaise with client to agree how deficit/surplus (if applicable) is to be dealt with.
– Support the accounts team with issuing service charge and ground rent demands, recording receipts and other general ledger items, as well as general leaseholder enquiries.
– Filing of dormant statutory accounts on behalf of our resident management company clients.
– Oversee the reconciliation of all client bank accounts.
– Liaising with third-party suppliers in relation to credit control and statutory obligations on behalf of our clients.
– Preparation of summary request information under Section 21 of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 on behalf of our clients.
– Any other associated duties as may be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
– ACCA / ICAEW / CIMA or equivalent (Part or full AAT will be considered with relevant experience).
– 2+ years’ service charge accounting experience.
– Excellent organisational skills.
– Professional telephone manner.
– Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Xero accounting software.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £27,000 per year
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Please remember to attach your CV and cover letter with all applications.